We Welcome You
The Paul Robeson House
4949/4951 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19139
Youâ€™re invited to join the countless visitors from around the world who have explored the life, legacy and remarkable achievements of Paul Robeson in the home where he spent the last ten years of his life.
You Will Experience
- A guided tour by a trained docent while listening to songs recorded
by Paul Robeson
- A brief video presentation of the Robeson House mission
- From These Roots, an exhibition about his activism and life, curated
by historian Charles L. Blockson and designed by Frank L. Stephens, Jr.,
developed during the 1998 centenary of Robesonâ€™s birth
- His upstairs living quarters featuring the Robeson Family Portraits
by artist Cal Masey
- The reading room where a special exhibit â€śArtist in Exileâ€ť with
photographs by Thomas B. Morton, curated by the Philadelphia Folklore Project, (www.folkloreproject.org) is on view.
The Paul Robeson House is currently undergoing restoration,Â but From These Roots will continue to be available for tours.
Groups (10 or more): $3.00